Due to COIVD-19, many vision events and activities have been suspended or postponed. Click on any event below for more information.
Many Ways to Get Involved. There are many projects currently underway in all four focus areas of the Sisters Country Vision, and lead partners are eager to connect with volunteers who can support their efforts. Connect with a lead partner through one of the upcoming events below or Contact Us.
Past Community Engagement. Between March and November 2018, roughly 2,000 participants were involved in developing the Sisters Country Vision through a variety of activities:
- During the first four months of the Sisters Country Vision visioning process, we involved the community in answering key questions about our future.
- Between community interviews, an online community survey, community meetings and other presentations, we received hundreds of submissions from Sisters Country residents and several thousand specific data points for our input database. See the Community Interviews Report and Community Input Report for detailed summaries on what we heard.
- In the summertime we conducted Community Forums attended by approximately 140 people on the four vision focus areas: Connected Sisters, Prosperous Sisters, Livable Sisters, and Resilient Sisters. These events resulted in a list of 54 potential strategies for the future.
- Following a second online survey in late summer, the project analyzed, summarized and condensed all community input into a draft vision statement and 20 top priority strategies.
- In fall 2018, a 31-member Vision Action Team developed a series of potential action items to help implement the public’s top priority strategies. The results were previewed to Sisters City Council on November 28 and brought back to Council as a final draft Vision Action Plan on January 9, 2019. The final plan was adopted by Council on February 13, 2019.
- In Summer 2019, the City of Sisters supported the formation of a Vision Implementation Team (VIT) to move our community’s Vision Action Plan forward. The VIT is comprised of representatives from organizations listed as a lead partner on three or more action items in the Vision Action Plan, plus one youth and one community member.
“Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand.”
~ Chinese proverb