Many Ways to Get Involved Now. There are many projects currently underway in all four focus areas of the Sisters Country Vision, and lead partners are eager to connect with volunteers who can support their efforts. If you’re inspired to help move the vision forward:
- Read through the Vision Progress Update to identify the projects or focus areas you’re most interested in. Then Contact Us to let us know how you’d like to plug in!
- Come visit the Sisters Country Vision Booth at the Fresh Hop Festival on September 28, 2019. Meet members of the Vision Implementation Team, pick up a copy of the Vision Booklet, and sign up for volunteer opportunities!
- Continue to watch this space for new volunteer opportunities and highlights of current projects. Also check The Nugget for articles and updates.
Past Community Engagement. Between March and November 2018, more than 2,000 community members were involved in developing the Sisters Country Vision through a variety of activities:
- During the first four months of the Sisters Country Vision visioning process, we involved the community in answering key questions about our future.
- Between community interviews, an online community survey, community meetings and other presentations, we received hundreds of submissions from Sisters Country residents and several thousand specific data points for our input database. See the Community Interviews Report and Community Input Report for detailed summaries on what we heard.
- In the summertime we conducted Community Forums attended by approximately 140 people on the four vision focus areas: Connected Sisters, Prosperous Sisters, Livable Sisters, and Resilient Sisters. These events resulted in a list of 54 potential strategies for the future.
- Following a second online survey in late summer, the project analyzed, summarized and condensed all community input into a draft vision statement and 20 top priority strategies.
- Finally, in the fall, a 31-member Vision Action Team developed a series of actions and related information to help implement the public’s top priority strategies. The results were previewed to Sisters City Council on November 28 and brought back in final draft form on January 9, 2019. The final plan will be adopted by Council on February 13, 2019.
- In Summer 2019, the City of Sisters supported the formation of a Vision Implementation Team (VIT) to move our community’s Vision Action Plan forward. The VIT is comprised of representatives from organizations listed as a lead partner on 3 or more action items in the Vision Action Plan, plus one youth and one community at-large member.
“Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand.”
~ Chinese proverb